A smile can do a lot for your life. Wayne State University researchers collected information on 230 professional baseball players before 1950 and analyzed their photographs. Players were categorized by their smile; big smile, partial smile, and no smile. Then, they logged the ages of their deaths, considering other factors that may have influenced the length of their lives. They found that the players without smiles had an average age of 72.9, players with partial smiles were aged 75 at their death, and those with the biggest smiles lived to be 79.9 on average. That is a seven-year difference, just from smiling!
There are other reasons to smile, too. It lowers your blood pressure, releases endorphins in your brain, and increases your endurance. Although, if you’re unhappy with your teeth, you may try to hide your smile. If you have crooked teeth, discolored teeth, or gapped teeth, you might have heard that you have a few options; Invisalign and Lumineers. But which one is best for you?
Invisalign is a transparent aligner system that allows you to straighten your teeth without the look of traditional metal braces. First, we take impressions of your teeth and send the information to Invisalign. Next, they create a series of clear trays that fit over your teeth and gently straighten them. You’ll wear each aligner for one to two weeks. When you finish your last aligner, you’ll have a beautiful straight smile. Depending on the severity of crookedness, you could finish your clear aligners in half the time of traditional braces. The aligners are removable, but you must wear them for at least 22 hours a day. Here are some other pros of choosing Invisalign.
- No one will know you have braces
- They’re removable, so you don’t have food restrictions
- A straight smile using your natural teeth
- Can address a poor bite
- Permanent results as long as you wear your retainer at night
Invisalign is fantastic for those who wish to straighten their teeth discretely. However, there are some downsides to choosing Invisalign over Lumineers.
- Clear aligners only correct crookedness and gapping, not discoloration or damage.
- Longer treatment time
- Aligners are easy to lose
- Frequent brushing and flossing
Lumineers are ultra-thin sheets of ceramic material that fit over the front of your teeth. They are pearly white, and we color match them to achieve your desired whiteness. They’re strong, long-lasting, and can correct many problems. From crookedness and gapping to discoloration and misshapen teeth, Lumineers can help. You can achieve the attractive smile you’ve always wanted with only two visits.
We’ll discuss your smile goals at your first appointment and determine if Lumineers are best for you. Then, we’ll take an impression and send it to the lab that creates them. Once your Lumineers arrive, we bond them to your teeth. Just like that, you have a straight, white smile without imperfections.
- Fast treatment
- Solves more problems: discoloration, gapping, crookedness, misshapen teeth, damaged teeth, short teeth
- A new smile with just one procedure
- They look like natural teeth
- Long-lasting results
- No special care, you take care of them just as you would your natural teeth
When you’re looking for a complete smile makeover, Lumineers could be for you. However, consider these downsides before making a decision.
- Will need replacement after 10 – 15 years
- Won’t correct underlying issues like a bad bite
The Best Choice for Your Smile
To choose what is best, start by considering your needs.
- If you have multiple concerns with the appearance of your teeth, choose Lumineers. However, if you’re considering Invisalign and Lumineers for your teen, you may want to choose Invisalign.
- Choose Invisalign if you want to straighten your teeth and have underlying bite issues.
- If you’re concerned about discoloration and crookedness, either choice could suit you. You could even couple teeth whitening with Invisalign.
Schedule a consultation with your Butler, PA, cosmetic dentist who will help you decide what is best for your smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Butler, PA
If you’re looking for cosmetic dentistry, you can trust Dr. Robert Fornalczyk. With over 40 years of experience, you’re sure to get the dream smile you’ve been looking for. Call (724) 282-4436 or schedule an appointment online.
We look forward to meeting you.