Your initial appointment will not be like most first visits at a dental office. You will be seen by the doctor and a team member who will do a complete and thorough examination. The exam will consist of several different assessments.
- Charting of all existing dental work, possible cavities, tooth fractures and missing teeth.
- Periodontal charting to check for gum disease and determine the health of your gums.
- Oral cancer screening done with a VELscope.
- A full mouth set of x-rays taken digitally.
- Implant consultation if missing teeth
- Intraoral photos taken with a digital camera.
- A complimentary digital smile makeover with LUMISmile.
The doctor will use all of this data to create a treatment plan specific to your needs, and go over it with you at a scheduled consult at no charge.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your initial visit:
- Your referral slip and any x-rays (if applicable)
- A list of your current medications
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.)